Anything non-sacramental called “Catholic” to the exclusion of others is just dumb.
Some of you, most welcome among us, are not Catholic or Christian. Others of you perhaps hover at the edge of parish and Church life. To you I wish to offer encouragement: step forward into Christ’s loving embrace; recognize the Church as your home. No one need remain on the outside, for from the day of Pentecost the Church has been one and universal.
-Pope Benedict, http://www.readability.com/articles/okc5u4up
It’s your job to make those words true.
*Update @ 9pm 9/16: It was brought to my attention that the first sentence herein might be unclear. To clarify,
Any event, act or object that we describe as “Catholic” which causes the exclusion or marginalization of non-Catholic people is just dumb.
- sarahkroger likes this
- sunshinescattered reblogged this from younglionyounglover
- flipheero likes this
- theoneswelove reblogged this from younglionyounglover and added:
- caravaggista likes this
- sunshinescattered likes this
- neverdoubtlife reblogged this from younglionyounglover
- neverdoubtlife likes this
- younglionyounglover posted this